- Our Academy
- Student Profile
- Contact Us
Dimensions of Learning
Dimensions of Learning (DoL) is a pedagogical framework that provides a common understanding and language related to learning. It is a comprehensive model that uses what researchers and theorists know about learning to define the learning process.
Its premise is that five types of thinking, called the five Dimensions of Learning, are essential to successful learning.
The Dimensions framework helps teachers to:
- maintain a focus on learning
- study the learning process
- plan curriculum, instruction and assessment that takes into account the five critical aspects of learning.
Implicit in the DoL framework are five basic assumptions:
- Instruction must reflect the best of what we know about how learning occurs.
- Learning involves a complex system of interactive processes that includes various types of thinking - represented by the five dimensions.
- Curriculum programs should include the explicit teaching of attitudes, perceptions and mental habits that facilitate learning.
- A comprehensive approach to instruction includes both teacher directed and student directed instruction.
- Assessment should focus on students' use of knowledge and complex reasoning processes rather than on their recall of information.
"QASMT is committed to providing world-class education that nurtures excellence, fosters innovation and celebrates diversity..."