Join our team and change the world.“Working at QASMT enables me to reflectively refine my teaching and learning practice in a well-resourced environment. Our students are of the highest caliber- dedicated, engaged and willing to take risks- they make each day interesting and truly enjoyable. Both staff and students grow as we strive to embody the IB learner profile attributes in a collaborative environment.” Ms Michelle Terret, Teacher
Queensland Academies offer a specialised three year enriched senior secondary education program (Year 10 to Year 12) that includes the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme and enrichment experiences through collaborative arrangements with university (UQ, QUT & GU) and industry partners.
The Science, Mathematics and Technology Campus allows high-achieving students to develop their skills through leading edge curriculum and links with the University of Queensland. Working in partnership with the University of Queensland (UQ), QASMT offers an enriched program to enhance the development of students who have an interest and ability in the related fields of Science, Mathematics and Technology.
QASMT aims to develop students’ abilities to research, investigate and reflect on local and global matters.
We are seeking teachers who believe that the relationship of the students and teachers is based on intellectual challenge and interdependent enquiry. Students who graduate from QASMT will be well placed to take on careers in new science fields such as Biotechnology and Nanotechnology, as well as established fields like Health Sciences, Engineering, Chemical Sciences, Robotics and Neuroscience.
QASMT students are focussed on a university pathway and have a proven record in attaining offers to some of the most prestigious universities throughout the world. As a result of the special credit arrangements between the University of Queensland and QASMT, many students place UQ as their preferred university of choice. A significant number of students are offered places interstate and/or throughout the world.
Please feel free to peruse our campus website for more information.
Current Employment Opportunities
HOD STEM and Enrichment – Contract for 6 months commencing Term 4, 2018
View role description here: HoD STEM and Enrichment
To apply, visit Smart Jobs: https://smartjobs.qld.gov.au/jobs/QLD-MER250345-17E
Queensland Academies Science, Mathematics and Technology campus is seeking applications for the following International Baccalaureate Diploma teaching positions at our unique Toowong facility for 2018:
Applicants are required to submit applications including the following MANDATORY requirements:
- Curriculum Vitae (max. 3 pages). Be sure to list personal particulars, contact details, relevant skills and experience, and the names of two referees and a current supervisor.
- Response to Selection Criteria (max. 2 pages) GENERAL TEACHER POSITIONS SELECTION CRITERIA
- Ability to apply appropriate knowledge in order to plan and prepare teaching and learning programs in your nominated areas which meet the diverse characteristics, needs and learning styles of students; and are consistent with relevant syllabi, curriculum policies, work programs and education trends.
- Knowledge of and the ability to implement effective and inclusive teaching and learning processes, including the use of learning technology and assessment, to establish a challenging learning environment in which students are encouraged to work towards attainment of their potential.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students including the use of appropriate interpersonal skills, and the ability to plan and apply appropriate behaviour management strategies that contribute to the establishment and maintenance of a supportive learning environment.
- An understanding of the need to work collaboratively with school staff and members of the wider community in order to establish productive partnerships and achieve educational outcomes.
- Business Management
- Mathematics & Computer Science
- Sports, Exercise & Health Science with additional Senior Science