The Parents and Citizens Association (P&C) aims to help enrich every student's experience by supporting Queensland Academy for Science Mathematics and Technology (QASMT) events, activities and projects. The P&C provides a platform for parents to contribute to the success of QASMT with as much or as little time as you can spare to volunteer.
What the P&C Association does:
- organises or supports 15–20 student and parent focused events each year
- Raises money to fund high priority school projects, student and staff initiatives
- holds open committee meetings on the third Monday of every month during term, also attended by the Principal and senior staff, at which all parents who are P&C members are welcome
- provides information and communicates with parents by email and Facebook closed group
- provides a platform for parents to get involved in areas of interest and school need.
To help make it easier for parents to get involved, the P&C has created the following Support Group and Working Group structure:
These are formed to help support extra curricular activities in the school. For each Support Group a parents leader and a group of interested parents are matched with QASMT staff responsible for an extracurricular activity. Current Support Groups include the following:
- STEM Research & Enrichment
- CAS (Creativity, Activity, Service)
These are identified by the P&C to help support key school initiatives. Similar to Support Groups, parent leaders and a group of interested parents work together with QASMT staff on priority projects and initiatives to help the school achieve its goals. Current Working Groups include the following:
- Spirit Wear Kit Store
We welcome and encourage all parents to get involved in the P&C and actively support their students and the school. If you are not a member, please enrol using the Application for the P&C form.
All parents are also encouraged to join the closed Facebook group. Also look out for events to volunteer your time - we always need extra hands to help out on the day. It is always fun and rewarding to be part of a team with other parents (and sometimes students).
Feel free to contact those below with questions, suggestions and offers to help. If you are interested in helping out any of the groups below, or starting a new function contact the President.
The P&C Code of Conduct: pandc-code-of-conduct.pdf