Academy students study an academically challenging and internationally benchmarked curriculum which requires them to adopt new approaches to learning. With this in mind, QASMT has implemented the INSTEP Coach Programme to ensure that all students achieve their potential through keeping them aligned with the range of strategies and behaviors critical to success. Our INSTEP Programme involves each student being assigned a success development coach known as the INSTEP coach. The INSTEP coach will generally remain with the student throughout his or her Academy journey and in turn becomes a key figure in each student’s academic life.
Each INSTEP coach will:
- Meet with their INSTEP group on a regular basis
- Coach the group to develop appropriate study and learning skills
- Monitor the academic progress and well-being of each of their students
- Liaise with parents
- Meet with each student one-to-one on a regular basis to discuss their academic progress and assist students in focussing their goals
- Help and support students from other year levels