Congratulations to Year 11 student Georgia Christie who has been successful in securing a place at the 2016 Wesley Hospital School Internship Program.
Since 2012 The Wesley Hospital has run a comprehensive school internship program to inspire secondary school students considering a career in the healthcare sector. The week-long program is the first dedicated intensive hospital school internship program to be held in Queensland.
The program aims to provide students from the community with a practical and theoretical insight into working and learning within a hospital setting.
It offers a valuable educational experience and is an excellent launching pad for the healthcare workforce of the future.
Selected students get to spend one week at the hospital and during the week students will be involved in a range of activities including:
- Presentations by and discussions with healthcare leaders
- Tours of departments including theatre, wards and kitchen areas
- Education sessions including learning new skills in simulation labs
- Practical work placements with practitioners
- Daily debriefing sessions.