International students: Welcome to QASMT
Queensland Academy for Science Mathematics and Technology (QASMT) is an Education Queensland co-educational selective entry school for students in Years 7 to 12. Our school is able to accept applications from international students for enrolment into Year 10 to complete the IB Diploma Programme in Years 10-12. All of our students study an international focussed curriculum, which is rigorous in learning, and recognised worldwide.
Our students benefit from unique partnerships with The University of Queensland, Queensland University of Technology and Griffith University, to provide transition between senior school and university for highly capable students. Students and staff engage in a strong research-based model of learning and teaching in collaboration with university and industry partners.
At the Queensland Academy for Science Mathematics and Technology, we believe that students will become analytically and critically thinking leaders who demonstrate an enthusiasm for entrepreneurship, lifelong learning and engage in measured risk-taking.
Each student is offered an integrated, parallel support structure to foster a sense of belonging that supports, encourages and celebrates success. Our teachers and other support staff work closely with students in small groups and one on one mentoring to ensure students balance the challenges of the International Bacculaureate (IB) Programmes with other pursuits. This is further supported by high quality communication with parents and carers.
Detailed information for International students considering applying for a place at a Queensland Academy can be found below:
Applying to QASMT - International students:
All students seeking enrolment into QASMT must be undertake a selective entry applications process. Students must demonstrate strong performance in each of the components of the application process (academic reports, entrance test and interview) and be assessed as the most suitable candidate for a vacancy. Highly capable students with a record of strong academic performance are welcome to apply.
The application process for an international student is therefore:
- Contact Education Queensland International. Complete an EQI Application if advised to do so by Education Queensland International.
- EQI will inform Queensland Academies when you have an approved EQI application.
- Queensland Academies will then contact you and invite you to submit an application directly to Queensland Academies.
- The Queensland Academies application fee is currently $250, which includes the on-campus Entrance Test conducted by independent testing body, Edutest. If you need to sit the Entrance Test remotely (interstate or overseas), Edutest has a Remote Testing Service for an additional fee: refer to Edutest's Remote Testing Service eligibility before you lodge your application.
- Tuition fees: See the EQI website for international student fees.
- Non-tuition fees: Like any state school, students are required to meet their own uniform and equipment costs which are comparable to other state schools for:
- approved laptop (refer to the Bring Your Own Device BYOD policy)
- personal stationery
- student's personal photocopying
- instrumental music costs
- costs of optional excursions
At the Queensland Academy for Science Mathematics and Technology, our internationally focussed staff are dedicated to providing our international students with the best possible experience during their time with us.
Admissions Office +61 7 3377 9366
Cathryn Sarjito - Homestay and Admissions Coordinator.
Queensland Academy for Science Mathematics and Technology
+ 617 3377 9333
Kath Kayrooz - Principal
Tanya Haggarty - Associate Principal Academic
Kerry Bullock - Associate Principal Teaching and Learning
Our local area
Located in the leafy suburb of Toowong, approximately four kilometres from the Brisbane central business district and close to the University of Queensland, we offer an innovative alternative educational program for highly capable students.
Academy students have unique opportunities to spend time at attending events at our partner universities:
Our students have easy access to unique cultural facilities within the Southbank Precinct including:
The Department of Education trading as Education Queensland International (EQI) CRICOS Provider Code: 00608A